Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Letterpress Obsessed

After doing interviews with two incredibly inspiring and dynamic wedding photographers, Lauren Turton and Zac Fisher of The Ohio Photo Guys, I went to Books & Co. at the Greene to kill some time.  And I spied with my little eye The Little Book of Letterpress by Charlotte Rivers.  One look at the cover, and it all came back to me.


Two years ago, I was obsessed with letterpress.  I was planning my wedding during my first engagement (long story) and letterpress invitations were at the top of my wishlist.  When that wedding didn't happen (like I said, long story), my love for letterpress seemed to have died as well.


But now, with my second engagement to the same man (no, I will not be recounting THAT story anywhere in this post), and being on a soon-to-get-cracking-on-wedding-planning mode, I have fallen back in love with this same traditional printing style.


Dingbat Press was my go-to invitation inspiration then, and it is definitely still alive and well on my radar now.








One of my favorites on Etsy is this California-based Mom-and-Mom company called Lucky Bee Press.  Love times three!




It took me many clicks and turns before finally arriving at Seesaw Designs, during one of my more recent eyeball-popping web-surfing sessions.  I was on Martha Stewart's blogs site, clicked on Martha's Circle, clicked on DIY Blogs, clicked on Black Eiffel, clicked on A Cup of Jo, before finally clicking on Seesaw Designs.  Yep, it was a long line of links, but it was well worth it.








Yes, I am obsessed with letterpress.  Always have.  Always will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment