Friday, August 26, 2011

First batch of cupcakes EVER

Talking about firsts, how did I get started on baking? It was for the love of cupcakes... Well, it was really just to have something to do on my free time (since I had A LOT).


It's true though that I love cupcakes.  Back in the Philippines, my absolute favorite dessert place was this cupcake boutique called Cupcakes by SONJA.  So it was natural for me to begin my baking adventure with cupcakes.  And with me was my best friend in the kitchen, Martha Stewart, and her book, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes.


Like a true beginner baker, I decided to start with the classic Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes.  But instead of making the frosting, I opted to buy ready-to-use icing in a tube by Wilton in blue and pink because I wanted to start decorating right away.



What a feeling seeing the cupcakes start to rise in the oven -- AWESOME!



I also used the marshmallows, cereals, and nuts I found in the kitchen for the decorations.



All I can say to people who are afraid to try baking (and I say this with real conviction): If I can do it, so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment