Friday, August 26, 2011

Date Night

My husband and I love watching food shows.  One of our absolute favorites was Masterchef (which just ended last week -- what do we look forward to now?).  My husband always joked about applying for next season's show and opening up his own restaurant.  I figured, why not start working towards that dream today?


No, I did not get in touch with Gordon Ramsay to help us build the hottest food spot in Dayton, Ohio.  Instead, I turned to rock star chef, Tyler Florence... Well, his book anyway.


I bought my husband "Stirring the Pot," and he L-O-V-E-D it.  The following week, after poring over the book and FoodNetwork.com, he declared, "We're having rack of lamb and risotto tonight!"


And so we did.  Plus a gorgeously vibrant tomato basil soup.  Best date night to date!


Literally made only of tomato, basil, and the basest ingredients for soup (heavy whipping cream, chicken stock, water, and onions). But it was incredibly delicious. It was perfectly creamy, and the flavors of the tomato and basil balanced each other very well.



Lamb.  Tender.  Lamb.  Good.


Mushroom Risotto.  Lip-smacking awesome.


Featured dishes based on recipes by Tyler Florence.  Food and plating by Jr Panganiban.  Table styling and photography by Anji Panganiban.

No comments:

Post a Comment