Friday, September 9, 2011

Cover to Cover

They say one should never judge a book by its cover.  Well, I do.  I know the story within is what matters.  But I don't see why the beauty inside shouldn't be reflected outside.

I'm probably not alone in this twisted way of selecting books.  And the people at the publishing company, Penguin Group (USA),  probably thought the same thing.  Hence, the birth of the Penguin Classics: The same great novels in gorgeous new threads designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. Introduced in late 2010, with others released in early 2011.  And it looks like there may be more to come.

Hopefully, these cool classics will someday find their way into the little book nook in our bedroom.  Anyone taking hints today?




























Images taken from Amazon.com and US.Penguingroup.com.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all books would really consider having beautiful and appealing designs. I love this idea of Penguin group. The books looked so posh and elegant. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete