Saturday, May 19, 2012

Seasons changing -- TV shows, that is

It's been a couple months since my last post but work, wedding planning and frankly, laziness, have kept me away.


Now I'm back, driven by couch potato-ism and a short opportunity for quiet.


Let me start with Gossip Girl.  In the battle between Best friend VS Soulmate, it seems soulmate is destined to win.  As much as I admire Dan's love for Blair, there is no denying that Chuck is the one for her.  And in this season's finale, it looks like Blair is finally ready to fight for true love.


Blair: You said I always bet against you?
Well this time, I'm all in.
Screenshots taken from videos in cwtv.com
***
Smash is a show I was initially skeptical about but fell in love with at first viewing.  The finale - though leaving enough cliffhangers for an exciting second season - ends on a high note with Karen proving everyone wrong and showing the world that she is indeed a star.



***
It may not be the official finale yet, but the last two-episode special of Glee seemed like the best ending to the season -- or the show, for that matter:  They win the Nationals; Rachel is back on track towards her Broadway dream; Puck gets a another chance to graduate; Will wins the Teacher of the Year Award; and the New Direction kids have finally become accepted in McKinley High.  All is right in their world.  


I have no idea how the real finale will be able to top that.





I can't wait for next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment