Saturday, May 26, 2012

Somebody that I used to know

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know


Like most songs - or any creative work, for that matter, "Somebody that I used to know" was written by Gotye based on his own experience, on relationships he's had in the past.  The official music video brings the message of the song to life about someone who had once been so special just fading into the background.



Original Music Video by Gotye


On the other hand, the video cover by Walk Off the Earth was just, well, cool.



Cover Video by Walk Off the Earth

1 comment:

  1. I kinda like this song. But between the two, I love Walk Off Earth's video. Yes it's cute for me too.

    ReplyDelete